Monday, January 14, 2008

I Want Democracy

First, yes I am perfectly aware that I didn't title yesterday's post. It was just a quick observation, so I didn't bother to title it.

Today is a short and sweet post. 2008 wishes. For music. No personal thoughts whatsoever, except relating to the wishes on this list. I'll do a few more of these the next few weeks, but they won't be personal. My personal wishes for 2008 are just that, my personal wishes. This list is actually in some sort of order.

1. Chinese Democracy. Come the hell on already!!!! Yeah, most of us already have it, but still.... I'd like to be able to PURCHASE the damn album already.

2. A new Raconteurs album. Icky Thump was ok, but Broken Boy Soldier was amazing and those guys need to get together again. It's most likely not going to happen in 08, but I can hope.

3. Boy George needs to realize that he needs to really sing again. The whole dj thing is over and that man has a voice that deserves to be shared with the world. Cheapness and Beauty was a beautiful album and Boy needs to remember that his voice is his best asset and use it.

4. The Living Dead Lights disc needs to take off. All the other stuff I've heard from Alan Damien was pretty good, and he deserves the break.

5. Sebastian Bach's new disc needs to sell zillions, just so we can all remember where we came from. Bon Jovi going country just proves we need Bach back.

6. The Black Crowes should forget the whole jam band thing and go back to writing the great music that they used to.

7. Nikki Sixx should be named God. Ok, never going to happen, but I can hope.

8. I can't wait for the new Courtney Love album. I don't care how she releases it, just release it already!

9. I want to find a copy of Point Blank's Nicole. I had it once, but, it was lost in a computer crash.

10. Lots of good concerts from good bands! I want to see some shows this year!

Later-
me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If CD comes out, then what will Axl do then? He'll either be a genius or he'll have to blow Slash and prays he's good enough at that to get Slash to forgive him. Good luck on the Boy George and the Raconteurs Bloss.

Anonymous said...

thanks sweetie for believing...i think this is raddest shit ive ever done...i hope you get a chance to hear the whole thing!!
alan damien

for the rest of you check out myspace.com/livingdeadlights

let me know what u think~!!!