Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Whiskers on Kittens

Since Oprah has decided not to do her favorite things list this year, I figured I'll pick up her slack and list my favorites of the year. No, I'm not giving them to you, but anything tangible on this list I highly recommend getting.

10. The Pina Coladas at Mandalay Bay in Vegas
The best pina coladas I've ever had. I could (and did) drink nothing but those for an entire day. I'm figuring I now have to go to Vegas once a year to get those.

9. Matthew Gray Gubler
This is not a looks thing. It's been a year of watching him do some really creative things on his website and his funny and brilliantly twisted way of looking at things. For that alone it's been a great Gube year. This is an amazingly creative man. Check him out. He's definitely a lot more than Dr. Reid on Criminal Minds. (www.gublerland.com)

8. Youtube
Anything anytime.... what else is there to say?

7. The Food Network
Televised crack. Thanks for keeping me occupied all year, and please give me more Chris Cosentino.

6. Yellowtail wine
Not the most expensive you'll find, but good stuff. I'm a Chardonnay fan, but the Pinot Grigio kept me sane a few times.

5. Penn & Teller
Incredible, insightful, so much fun! Love Penn and Teller!!!!!

4. The Lustkillers
Just saw them, but I love this band!! Music at it's best....fun, sexy, smart. See these guys. You will not be disappointed. Buy their stuff, make them rich so they will keep playing. Just because I'm not putting him on here twice, when you get done checking out Adam Becvare's work with The Lustkillers, see his work with Lords Of the New Church. Adam has talent dripping out of his pores, you'd be a fool not to see him.
http://www.myspace.com/lustkillers
http://www.LustKillers.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-LustKillers/81689005186

3. Guns n Roses
No particular reason, just always one of my favorite things. Also, the inspiration for my new tattoo, so what the hell, on they go.

2. The new season of Law and Order
Best season in a long time.

1. Friends
Oh, how cliched but true. I played around with my circle of friends this year and finally have it down to a group I am incredibly happy with. I've got good, solid friends and I never figured that'd happen. Thanks to the Way Back machine and Facebook for that.

That's it...go buy Lustkillers stuff and play around in Gublerland.

Later,
me




1 comment:

Adam said...

lustkillers...

........nvr herd of em

#1 on list of things to do next year....
as always....

QUESTION AUTHORITY!

we are the true silent majority

“The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.”