Friday, September 28, 2007

Don't Put Another Dime In The Jukebox

We all have songs that we can't listen to because someone or something has ruined them for us forever. Notice how those are always the songs we pull out when we want to be miserable. I think I have enough for a list, so here they are.

1. Photograph by Def Leppard
This song is the absolute description of a non-relationship I had. It's such a shame because I love this song so much, but now it's incredibly difficult to listen to. It's the song that will forever make me ache for THE ONE who got away. Also see #9. Same person, different song.

2. December-Collective Soul
This song started out so well. It was in a scene in a soap opera and I really liked it, but it became a song that reminds me of someone who got away.

3. I Want To Be Your Boyfriend-The Ramones
A really horrible relationship started with someone singing this to me.

4. Have I Told You Lately-Rod Stewart
I can't even own a copy of this song.

5. I Want You Around-The Ramones
Someone used to sing this to me every night. I still cry when I hear it.

6. The Speed Of Pain-Marilyn Manson
Someone dedicated this to me and I relive the relationship whenever I hear it.

7. User Friendly-Marilyn Manson
See Above.

8. Dying-Hole
It's the ultimate breakup song and it was the theme for an extremely destructive relationship. Still adore it though.

9. Think About You-Guns N Roses
"I love you best"....... speaks all says all

10. Wild Thing-Sam Kinison
I adore the original of this, but when Sam did this song there was a speaking part. "Somewhere someone, whether it was last week or sixth grade, someone broke your heart! What was her name?" I was sitting in a room with a bunch of my friends, the majority were guys and almost all of them yelled out "Wendi!". I haven't been able to listen to it since.

Later-
Me

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam Kinison made this list? Ok, it's your list I guess

The Vapid Voice said...

I'll post a similar list soon. Funny how this list seems to envelop three or four people. I see your point though.

Wendi Manning said...

Nah, it's about 5 and then the group on the last one.