Sunday, November 18, 2007

If I Can Just Hear Your Pretty Voice I Don't Think I Need To See You At All

Off and on for years, I've had conversations with people about the sexiest singers. Not the sexiest looking, but the sexiest sounding. A lot of the people on my list are dead, which is just weird, but it's still an interesting thing to think about.

1. Marc Bolan
That man could have made the manual from my computer sound sexy. His voice is almost like a caress. There's something about his voice that I can't explain, but it gets under my skin like no other.

2. Michael Hutchence
Need You Tonight is still one of the sexiest songs I've ever heard. I dated a guy who sang it to me, just because he sang it to me. Michael Hutchence had a swagger in his voice that had a sexy edge, not a sarcastic one like Simon LeBon's for example. That guy knew he was sexy and that was in every note he sang.

3. Chris Whitley
Sincerity is sexy, and Chris had sincerity coming out of his pores. His voice was so gentle and moving that I actually can't have sex to his music... it's too engrossing.

4. Jack White
Finally, someone who is alive. His sexiness comes from his words. His lyrics are the words of someone who uses his brain and his heart when he writes and that's sexy. Someone who can strip his soul bare one second and the next be happy and romantic and the next be a sarcastic jerk. Wrap it up, I'll take it. Jack's a sexy singer.

5. Axl Rose
The jury is still out on whether he's alive, so put him into whatever category you want. I'm going to take a lot of shit for adding him on this list, but to me his voice is sexy. deal with it.

6. Andy Wood
Back to the dead. His ballads are so peaceful and gentle that it's like being wrapped in cashmere.

7. Stiv Bators
Lords Of The New Church era only. His voice had matured and hinted at the dark side..the lyrics were definitely on the dark side and we all know I love the dark side. It always came off that he knew something a little more dangerous, sexy, and fun and you should join him.

8. Josh Todd
His voice is just gravel, down and dirty. Totally sexy.

9. Dave Gahan
I just noticed this lately, mainly because I never really cared for the band, but his voice has a dark edge.

10. Scott Weiland
I have no idea why.

Over half that list is dead people.

The sexiest singers looks wise?
1. Old Axl




2. Jack White unless he has that stupid bowl cut




3. Michael Hutchence


4. Taime Downe. Have you seen him these days.... yum



5. Old Marilyn Manson
6. Jon Bon Jovi
7. Chris Whitley

8. Mike Monroe
9. Constantine Maroulis

10. Sebastian Bach from his Rolling Stone cover.... in those gold pants.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Axl makes sense. But if you can't listen to Chris Whitley during sex, what can you listen to? Jack White does not have a stupid bowl cut, it's just a short look that long hair loving freaks like you don't appreciate. Taime looks like old Manson.

Wendi Manning said...

I can listen to the White Stripes, or Raconteurs. But I prefer to listen to whatever I feel like at the moment. And it is a stupid bowl cut.