Friday, December 02, 2005

First Post

Hi!

This blog is going to pretty random. It's what's on my mind from day to day. There most definitely will be lists, because I love lists. Feel free to add your comments to whatever I've got to say or add to the lists.
Enjoy.

Today's list is dead musicians I miss the most. Weird choice for the first time out, but that's what I'm thinking about tonight.

1. Chris Whitley
2. Joey Ramone
3. Andy Wood
4. Michael Hutchence
5. Layne Staley
6. Stiv Bators
7. Johnny Thunders
8. Robbin Crosby
9. Maurice Gibb
10. Johnny Cash
11. Kurt Cobain
12. Freddie Mercury

All of these people meant something major to me. I can still remember the first time I heard Chris Whitley's Living With The Law album. It was and still is raw, painful and flawless. Joey Ramone was an amazing songwriter, a fun singer ,and a remarkable person. Everyone should beg, buy, borrow, download or steal Mother Love Bone's album... Mother Love Bone or Apple as it's sometimes called to hear for themselves the genius of Andy Wood. Also to see what Pearl Jam sounded like before Eddie Vedder made them serious. Michael Hutchence.... beauty, grace, class, talent and an embarrassing death. I was never a huge Alice In Chains fan. There was a few songs though that hit me so hard that I couldn't breathe at times, and the thought of such a talented man lying rotting in his house for 2 unairconditioned weeks in the summer just made me appreciate him and what he had to say a little bit more everytime I hear him. Stiv Bators was a screwed up, obsessive wonderful person. He embodied all pieces of the spectrum, the good, the bad, the terrifying and the brilliant. I miss Stiv Bators every single day and I hope others think of him too. Johnny Thunders... When I get upset I go shopping for Thunders bootlegs. I get upset a lot and have a hell of a lot of them, and ok, some, no most of them are wretched, but occasionally you get one that makes you think "Hey this guy really knew what he was doing!" and for that he's priceless. Robbin Crosby. He's a guy from an 80's hair metal band, but he was talented and fun. I knew him not very well, but I miss him. Maurice Gibb, well, I love the Bee Gees and without Maurice no Bee Gees period. There is no other words to describe Johnny Cash and Freddie mercury except sheer perfection, I cried then and I have cried since. Kurt Cobain, ultra talented, ultra overrated and a hell of a lot of fun to listen to.

I promise a cheerier list tomorrow.
Bye

1 comment:

Sabaoth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.