Sunday, December 11, 2005

The True Meaning of December


December is the month where we celebrate the birth of a great person. A man from humble beginnings who grew up to inspire and change the lives of millions of people. A man whose words are repeated daily in places around the world. A strong man. A proud man. A good man. A man who followed his beliefs and who died for his cause and was resurrected to preach the word yet again.

So, Happy Birthday Nikki Sixx!!!!

I have modeled the majority of my life after Nikki Sixx. I read an article in Creem magazine that Nikki used Nice N Easy Blue Black to color his hair, and very soon, mine was the same. My first taste of liquor was Jack Daniels... yeah thanks Nikki, for that thrill. There is a lot more than hairdye and alcohol in how he influenced me, but those are just two examples. Anyway, he is such an influential person in my life that during very nerve wracking moments, I silently tell myself to channel my "Inner Nikki". Sometimes it works, most of the time it works, but in a very cocky, neurotic way. I've had the most romantic dance of my life to a Motley Crue song, Without You, in a place and time that should never have been romantic but was and is one of my favorite memories. I have listened to Motley Crue before every single important event in my life since Theater of Pain was released. I have seen Motley Crue in concert more times than any other band and probably more times than I've seen my father. Hell, I've seen Brides of Destruction live. Great band, shame he abandoned it. When I have a child it will have the middle name Sixx. I can't pull off the Sixx as a first name, I want it, but can't talk the hubby into it. I can't wait to get my hands on the Heroin Diaries.
Anyway I can babble Nikki stuff forever, but what it boils down to is that Nikki is an amazing person and has influenced every single aspect of my life in ways that sometimes scare me. Today's post is a thank you to Nikki for being who he is and for helping make me what I am today. I really wasn't going to post a list, but I guess I can name my 11 favorite Motley Crue songs. But once again, Happy Birthday and thanks Nikki!!!!!

1. City Boy Blues
2. Too Fast For Love
3. Looks that Kill
4. Too Young To Fall In Love
5. Wild Side
6. Public Enemy #1
7. Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)
8. Live Wire
9. Without You ( never would have made the list without that dance)
10. Come On and Dance
11. You're All I Need

That's it,
bye


No comments: