Thursday, December 15, 2005

Is It All Just Wasted Time?

No, this won't be a list of my favorite Skid Row songs, promise. What it is though is an explanation of how I've spent the last two days. When not in bed, I dragged my lazy ass to the computer and played slots. A lot of slots. With a few hands of Black Jack thrown in for good measure. Ok, I am probably addicted and I don't care. This would be the slots mentioned in my favorite things post. Buy them. Play them online. It's the only way to talk to or see me anymore. There are some nice people online there, some not so nice people on there and some plain old insane people on there. But for the most part they're irrelevant. I talk to the ones I like, I avoid the ones I don't, no problem. The games are great and the commercial is officially over.
So, no Christmas shopping. No library tomorrow, because I'll be busy. I did manage to read and review the 2 books I needed to read and review so now I have even more time to play.
Obsessions come and they go and that's what today's list is, past and present obsessions. Would write more, but it's 5:45 am as it is.

1. The slot game. New obsession, but way too quickly becoming all encompassing.
2. The White Stripes. New obsession which deserves it's own post and will get one soon. It's weird and hopefully will pass.
3. Food. Old obsession which includes recipes, The Food Channel's Iron Chef and Unwrapped ( but does not include any other cooking shows), menus, pictures of food, books about food, and of course eating.
4. The Muppets. Old but much beloved obsession.
5. The Nightmare Before Christmas. Old obsession
6. Nikki Sixx. Old obsession but not stalker obsession.
7. Candles. Pretty recent ( last 7 years or so) obsession. Must be scented...preferably like food.
8. House. New obsession. The world stops at my place for House. I even stop playing slots for House.
9. Serial Killers. Old obsession.
10. Books. Old obsession, but my very favorite one.
11. Lipsticks. Old Obsession. Right now I own about 30,probably more, at one point I owned 450. I usually choose between 3 to actually wear.

that's it
bye

No comments: