Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Gilmore Girls and Me

I spent this evening curled up with Season One Disc 5 of the Gilmore Girls. I caught an episode one night and liked it, but rather than trying to figure out what was going on, I just pulled up Netflix and ordered season one. I figured that this was the easiest way to find out whether this show was any good or if it was just that one episode. Now, I'm a junkie. I reorganize my Netflix queue constantly ( well, I do that anyway, it's a list after all) so there is always either Gilmore Girls in the house or in the mail. This time I had to double up because disc 6 is only one episode and the bonus features, so I had to make sure that season 2 disc one was on it's way as well. How do people watch just one episode a week?
I like Lorelai and Rory. I wouldn't mind hanging out with them... they seem fun. Stars Hollow seems like a pretty cool place to live as well. But, starting at the beginning it's kind of like cheating. When I saw Rory's first boyfriend, I thought "This won't last, he's on Supernatural now" Then there's the guy who's on One Tree Hill now, so I guess he's not sticking around. Never saw One Tree Hill, but the guy is pretty obvious in the commercials.
I saw my first episode of Supernatural last night. Usually I miss everything on Tuesdays because of Bones and House, but they weren't on and we just stuck on channel 9 after Everybody Loves Raymond. It seems pretty good, so I hope it comes out on DVD or they run reruns in the summer because it's not better than House. Also got to watch another of my addictions last night, Law & Order SVU. usually NBC comes in horribly on my TV,so I never get to see it, but it actually gave me SVU this week, plus Criminal Intent on Sunday. All in all, my TV life is pretty good this week. which naturally brings me to tonight's list. People on TV I'd like to hang out with. The rules are simple.... no cartoons (sorry Stewie), and if there's more than one person on a show, they get grouped together.

1. Lorelai and Rory ( Gilmore Girls)
2. Christine and Jimmy Hughes (Yes Dear)
3. Antonio Scarpacci and Lowell Mathers ( Wings)
4. Ray and Debra Barone (Everybody Loves Raymond)
5. Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie ( Whose Line is it Anyway..and yeah I know that's cheating, but it's my list)
6. Charlie Harper and Jake Harper ( Two and a Half Men)
7. Dr. House and Dr Chase ( House)
8. Ned Dorsey ( Ned & Stacey)
9. Darlene Conner ( Roseanne)
10. Dharma and Greg Montgomery ( Dharma & Greg)
11. Dr. Niles Crane ( Frasier)

That's it
Bye

No comments: