Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Michael Jackson and Marching Penguins

That pretty much describes my day today. I finished up the Diane Dimond book about Michael Jackson. It was truly chilling and overwhelmingly sad. I also watched March of the Penguins. Morgan Freeman narrated it, he seems to be everywhere these days. I miss Easy Reader. The movie was ok, not the earth-shattering documentary it was touted to be, but there was a mini documentary in the bonus features that was really interesting and covered pretty much the same ground. There was also a Bugs Bunny cartoon, cool surprise, but I discovered I'm not much of a Bugs fan. Still a muppet girl at heart. Give me Gonzo anyday.
So, the gist of this movie is that emperor penguins walk 70 miles to mate, and then the females take off for 3 months and literally leave the males holding the egg. The females then walk back 60 miles , the ice has melted again, check out their kids and the males leave. Sounds like a pretty sad existence for penguins. But if Morgan Freeman is narrating, it sounds pretty cool.
Today is December 6th and so I guess I'm supposed to be in the grip of Christmas shopping panic. I'm not, sorry. I'm completely sick of commercials and store displays and I have been since they put them up in October. But in the spirit of the holiday I do have a Christmas list, which I will share for today's list. Enjoy, shop and remember Christmas is not the end all be all...after all, there is always an excuse to buy worthless crap for people you don't really like.

1. The Special 2 disc edition of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ( Love Johnny Depp, you can just get me him if you'd like)
2. I Pod, not the shuffle, just a regular one that will hold every song I can think of.
3. A Black Land's End Extreme Squall jacket. I get really cold and want a warm jacket
4. Christian Dior's Poison. Just the original in the purple bottle.
5. The first season of House on DVD
6. A printer for my computer
7. A Sephora gift certificate. I love gift certificates, I can play around for hours figuring out what I'm going to get. One of the greatest pleasures.
8. An Amazon gift certificate. See above.
9. A massage. The hubby doesn't do massages and I dream of them. If the massuse looks like Johnny Depp..... hey..... works for me.
10. A really special night out. Life is kind of drab at the moment and something special would be great. The hubby doesn't read this, not sure anyone does ( if you do, leave a comment already!!!), but I still want a night out.
11. Sims 2

That's it
Bye

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read I just don't write.